About Us | Our History | Meet the Staff
T.J. Burke Lumber Co. Inc. was established in 1926 by Timothy J Burke. Our Oswego location is the original site purchased by Mr. Burke from the Post & Henderson Lumber Company. In 1987 we expanded to the Fulton, NY area with the purchase of the former Morin Brothers Lumber.
Today the fourth generation of the Burke family continues the fine tradition started by their Great Grandfather. Tom Handley (below right) and Chuck Handley (below left) are proud to maintain such a strong history, and continue to serve the Oswego & Fulton communities in which they live.
Our fine reputation was earned based on the old school values of honest hard work and treating every customer with respect and prompt friendly service.
We live according to the golden rule and we see no reason to change our policy. It's worked for nearly 100 years.
From left to right: Al Gates Jr, Scott Malcott, Michelle Handley, Al Gates Sr, Paula Demm, Ray Forsythe, Scott Crissy
We would like to share with you some of the old photographs of our store as it looked about 100 years ago...